Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Petroglyphs in the Val Camonica

News, information and guidance for anyone interested in community archaeology

Moderators: jthspace, maximus

thingaby
Scarab.Club V.I.P
Scarab.Club V.I.P
Great Britain

Petroglyphs in the Val Camonica

Post by thingaby » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:55 am

We have recently made a visit to Capo De Ponte in the Val Camonica near Bergamo. The whole valley is a world heritage site in recognition of the vast number of bronze and iron age pictures scratched/picked onto the rocks. We visited a small paleopark called Seradina Bedolina. Entry free, access easy, interpretative boards excellent and more petroglyphs than you could shake a stick at. The site has what is thought to be the world's oldest map on one of the rocks. When I figure out how to add some photos will do.

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Re: Petroglyphs in the Val Camonica

Post by jthspace » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:46 am

Easy to add photos. When creating a post, at the bottom of this box (in Full editor mode) you will see an "attachments" tab.

You can either "add files" or drag and drop a photo into this box (although that doesn't work on my Mac). Then place your cursor in the space you want the photo to be and select your photo and Mark it in-line.

The site will resize etc.
Jeff
Site Admin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you see a useful post from anyone on the Forum, please hit the "thanks" (thumbs-up) button at the top right of their post. It takes a second, costs nothing, and will be appreciated by the recipient.

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Petroglyphs in the Val Camonica

Post by maximus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:08 am

Yeah would be great to see some photos but hold off until the site propagates to the new server. Should be about 24hrs from this post.