Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Bought one of these . . CRT MILLENIUM

Everything CB Radio!

Moderators: jthspace, maximus

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Bought one of these . . CRT MILLENIUM

Post by jthspace » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:36 am

Mode AM / FM

European Multinorms Power 4 Watts AM / 4 Watts

FM S-METER Yes

SQUELCH Manual or Automatic (ASQ)

RF GAIN Yes :adjust sensibility on

RX SCAN function Yes :

automatic search of busy channels

Various functions Keypad lock + CH9/CH19

Supplied with a "quick release" mount.

Detachable microphone + Quick disconnect bracket + External speaker Jack 3.5

Display Light Blue LCD

Size 120 x 110 x 27 mm

Weight 470 gr

Guarantee 2 years

MODIFICATION

In the meantime, here is a modification that can be done . .

The standard power out is 4w - on AM or FM depending on the country setting. "EU" for example gives 4w on AM and FM whereas "CE" gives 4w on FM only.

Now, about those circuit board plugs.

Leaving both connected, you get 4W of transmitting power

Removing both gives 4W or 8W of power.

You select which power setting you want by a keypress combination when turning on.

When power is off, press PTT and RFG and turn the power on. This is a toggle action. If you were in 4W mode when you switched off, you will now be in 8W mode. If you were in 8W when you switched off, you will revert to 4W if you power on using the keypress combination.

Obviously, this will invalidate any guarantee so do this at your own risk . . .

It is being fitted to my MX5 Mk1 in a big rewiring project (more next week). I also bought an antenna which is almost a perfect match to the cars colour.

FREQ: 27-28 MHz
LENGTH: 89cm
VSWR: 1.5:1 OR BETTER
POWER: 1000 WATTS
FITTING: 3/8 MALE
pretuned

TOTAL COST including radio, antenna, connecting cable and mount came to £85 delivered.
Jeff
Site Admin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you see a useful post from anyone on the Forum, please hit the "thanks" (thumbs-up) button at the top right of their post. It takes a second, costs nothing, and will be appreciated by the recipient.

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Re: Bought one of these . . CRT MILLENIUM

Post by jthspace » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:43 am

I also want to add that being a licenced ham operator, the thought of CB is foreign; however I am going on a couple of MX5 rallies this year, one in France, and CB seems to be the preferred option for contact etc. I would have preferred PMR as I have a couple of units that cover 70cm amateur band as well as UK and EUR PMR frequencies - but they do not seem to be as popular!

This little radio can also be modified to cover the amateur bands by extending the channels to 400 from 40 but as the display is limited, I may look to get something a little bigger with more functions for "the shed" and have a decent antenna and cover the 10m 11m and 12m bands.
Jeff
Site Admin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you see a useful post from anyone on the Forum, please hit the "thanks" (thumbs-up) button at the top right of their post. It takes a second, costs nothing, and will be appreciated by the recipient.