Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

GREETING'S AND SALUTATIONS !

If your new to the site why not drop in here and say hello!

Moderators: jthspace, maximus

bob
Great Britain

GREETING'S AND SALUTATIONS !

Post by bob » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:29 am

Good morning to one and all !
I have just received a pm (one of two) from our illustrious leader, informing me of this site, so here I am, and after having a quick shoovty around looks like the gangs back in town. So i am looking forward to more sessions of fun and enlightenment.

a t b bob

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: GREETING'S AND SALUTATIONS !

Post by maximus » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:07 am

Hey Bob!

Great to see you here. As you will have noticed it is pretty much the same forum with a different name...and a few new sections ;)

What you been up to since we chatted last?

bob
Great Britain

Post by bob » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:13 pm

Hi Max

lets see, I sold the bike a couple of years ago, (too old and a much of a fat bastard to be honest). stopped going down to Spain for my yearly 3 months, villa I was using got sold. I still get away to the sun a few times a year, off to hurgharda on Wednesday for a month, not sure what the wi fi is like at the resort I am going to, so might be able to keep in touch, just need to get back to warmer climes.

I miss the bike, don't get away for as many weekends as i used to, seem to be watching a lot more movies nowadays,

good to be back bob :have_a_nice_day:

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Post by maximus » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:06 pm

Well you definitely picked the right time to be heading off to warmer climes. Although we are "supposed" to be seeing Spring finally make an appearance sometime toward the end of next week.

Shame about the bike. Ever thought about a three wheeler? The Yamaha Niken looks fantastic and would mitigate the onset of age/weight and so on.
Yamaha Niken.png
Of course you know your in the right place for movies :innocent: :)

Do keep in touch. Jeff will no doubt be along soon, he's tied up working on a website at the moment.

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Post by jthspace » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi Bob, nice to see you here. I sold my bike as well, seemed sensible. I had a Piaggio 3 wheeler, OK, but was it heavy! A LOT of ironwork under that front fairing.

Bought a little 1993 Eunos (MX5) and there are a few posts about it here, something to fettle with. Off to a big MX5 rally in France in June so making a 2 day rally a 5 day holiday - not far from the Bayeau Tapastry so will make a run there (if the UK haven't borrowed it by then!)

Looking forward to the Sun, for sure, but we will have to make do with Sunny Hunny (Hunstanton) this year as saving up for a biggie in 2019 when the pension kicks in :)

I have GiffGaff card on a travel phone and its very economical for calls and data so it may be worth checking out for Egypt. Mind you, any good hotel these days will have wifi as it's almost a "must-have" these days.

Jeff
Jeff
Site Admin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you see a useful post from anyone on the Forum, please hit the "thanks" (thumbs-up) button at the top right of their post. It takes a second, costs nothing, and will be appreciated by the recipient.

jthspace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alpha Centauri

Post by jthspace » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:24 pm

I just spotted "post count" yeah! Send the free beer to . . . . . .
Jeff
Site Admin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you see a useful post from anyone on the Forum, please hit the "thanks" (thumbs-up) button at the top right of their post. It takes a second, costs nothing, and will be appreciated by the recipient.

maximus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Post by maximus » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:14 pm

Yep you have certainly been busy Jeff :) :burnt: